Thursday, February 28, 2008

Justice League is back on, Smallville gets five more episodes, Gambit arrives, and Moonlight in turmoil

There’s been a lot of casting news coming out about “Wolverine,” the spin-off film from the X-Men franchise, and I have to say, so far I am ecstatic about the news. I mean, holy cow. Gambit! It’s about freaking time. He’s been my favorite X-Man since…forever. I’ll reserve judgement about Taylor Kitsch in the role – I don’t hate the idea since he’s proved more than capable on Friday Night Lights – and I’m loving that Ryan Reynolds will be playing Deadpool. Admittedly, I don’t know anything about Deadpool. They had me at Ryan Reynolds. I’m really looking forward to this movie now.

So recent reports are now saying the Justice League of America movie is back in the works. It seemed full steam ahead before, but then it suddenly got put on the back burner, probably because the script wasn’t quite ready for production during the writer’s strike. No casting has been confirmed by the studio, so we still don’t know for sure who will be playing Batman and Superman. Actually, I read somewhere that the movie might exclude these two mega-superheroes altogether. I’m thinking that might not be a bad idea, but then again, how can you have the Justice League without Batman and Supes?

Speaking of Superman, “Smallville” will go into production on five more episodes, bringing this season to 20 episodes total. Who knows if there will be a season 8, but it’s not looking good if recent reports from Michael Rosenbaum (Lex) are to be believed. If there is a season 8, Lex won’t be back. I actually wouldn’t mind “Smallville” without Lex and Lana, but I would be a little crushed if a season 8 excluded Chloe.

I also read on the USA Today blog that Warners Brothers is looking for screenwriters for the next Superman sequel. Where do I apply??

The future of “Moonlight” seems a little bleak right now because it hasn’t been renewed by CBS yet, and frontrunner Chip Johannsen just left the show, leaving it practically unhelmed. Supposedly Joel Silver is taking over. I really, really hope it makes a difference. If CBS cancels it, that would really suck.

The new “Iron Man” trailer is premiering this week, but I haven’t seen it yet. Speaking of trailers, isn’t it about time we got some teasers for the new “Incredible Hulk” movie?

No comments: