Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A new look for Wonder Woman and Eclipse breaks records

I stumbled across numerous news articles today talking about Wonder Woman’s costume change. After 69 years, she’s getting a wardrobe makeover. One half of me says, “What the—?!? How can they change her costume? I mean, that’s her costume!!!” while the other half of me says, “I like it. It’s kind of kickass.” And, you know, since I could play Wonder Woman on the big screen someday (after I lose weight, get into shape, have plastic surgery and take acting lessons) I would much prefer to wear this newer costume than that other much more revealing suit. I don’t know. Usually I’m a traditionalist when it comes to my superheroes, but this time, I’m on the fence. What do you think? Love it or hate it?



So, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse finally hit theaters today, and unbelievably, it broke the all-time opening record set by New Moon by making $30 million in its first three hours. A lot of industry reporters have been saying this would never happen because second sequels “always” under perform their predecessors. All I can say is, wow and holy cow! Congratulations Stephenie Meyer and the Twilight cast and crew. I saw the movie at a midnight opening, and I can honestly say it was better than I expected it to be. Best of the three so far? Maybe. I’ll need a second viewing to decide. Twilight still holds the title as my favorite …right now. Still, I loved it! Go Team Edward!!

1 comment:

The WRITE Busienss Solutions said...

While you know I’m not someone who is or has been overly into super heroes, I do prefer the new look, outfit, hair style, body and face to the original. She is prettier and looks softer and more real. I am surprised, considering where our world has gone that they put more close on her rather than stripping her down completely or putting pasties and a g-string on her.

Can’t wait to see Eclipse too. Going tomorrow night if at all possible. Glad you enjoyed it and know you will tomorrow as well but I am surprised you’re going with your fienemy whom hasn’t had anything nice to say about the others but ignore her and enjoy it.