Saturday, September 11, 2010

New Fall season starts: Smallville, Supernatural, Vampire Diaries and more

The CW has released some teaser promos for "Smallville" and "Supernatural" that inspire that hurry-up-and-get-here feeling. Check them out.




Speaking of "Supernatural," it seems the writers are doing an episode to poke fun at the Twilight fandom which is sure to ruffle some feathers. The name of the episode is "Live Free or Twihard" and it's about vampires. I must say, I was a little conflicted to read Jensen Ackles bashing the Twilight mania, but at the same time, if "Supernatural" follows its course, I have no doubt this episode will be hilarious.

The first episode of the season for "The Vampire Diaries" was this past Thursday. I just watched my recording of it, and holy cow! I think I will be watching this show on more of a regular basis if every episode is that compelling. Great start to what seems like will be a better season than its first.

I'm actually excited about quite a few new shows this season. I'm just not sure how I will fit them all into my already busy schedule. I watched "Nikita", and quite frankly, I have to admit, I was pretty underwhelmed. "La Femme Nikita" was one of my favorite shows in the early 2000s. I was excited when I heard "Nikita" would pick up where that show left off. Um, really? I must have been watching a different show then. Aside from the names of characters, they didn't act like the characters I remember, and the relationships were all wrong. Michael wasn't Nikita's great love? Some guy named Daniel was? WTH? Don't even get me started on Birkhoff. I think the show might have picked up where the movies ended, which is darned confusing given "La Femme Nikita." I prefer Peta Wilson as Nikita. Maggie Q just didn't cut it in the role. No offense. I was much more interested in the Alex subplot and the actress playing her. The end was pretty twisty. In fact, the end is why I will probably keep watching.

Other shows I'm excited to see: "No Ordinary Family," "The Event," "Chase," and "Hellcats."

No comments: