Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Spider-man reboot casts Mary Jane?


This one should be filed under those as-yet unconfirmed rumors I really hope turns out to be true. Access Hollywood and others are reporting today that Emma Stone (star of “Zombieland” and “Easy A”) has been offered the role of Mary-Jane in the reboot of “Spider-Man” alongside Andrew Garfield. I’m still not crazy about Garfield being cast as Peter Parker, but I think Emma Stone would be dead-on as MJ (and much better casting than Kirsten Dunst in the original films, if you ask me). I’m still not happy about the reboot of Spidey, but I do like the idea of Stone as MJ. I might just have to see this movie after all.

Update 10/6/10: It has been confirmed that Emma Stone has been cast in the reboot not as Mary Jane but instead as Gwen Stacy. My enthusiasm for this bizarre casting choice just took a big nosedive. I mean, Gwen Stacy? Come on, folks. I just don't see it. And Emma Stone would have been the PERFECT Mary Jane.

No comments: