Sunday, March 27, 2011

It's official! Amy Adams is the new Lois Lane


It seems Warner Brothers is making a habit of announcing major casting for the "Superman" film on Sunday. The Hollywood Reporter announced earlier that Academy Award nominee Amy Adams has been cast as Lois Lane in the upcoming reboot film.

Finally!

A statement from Zack Snyder, director, reads like this:
"There was a big, giant search for Lois," Snyder told the LA Times. "For us it was a big thing and obviously a really important role. We did a lot of auditioning but we had this meeting with Amy Adams and after that I just felt she was perfect for it."

Now, I was pretty shocked by this selection since Amy Adams is just about the only actress I haven't heard connected with the role since casting began. While I love, love, love Amy Adams, I just don't know how I feel about this. I mean, will she dye her hair? Lois is dark-haired, not red headed. And I worry that Amy just doesn't have enough spunk to play Lois Lane. I wish her the best, though. She has made a habit of surprising me with her role choices, and nailing them.

Still, I have to admit, there were many other actresses I was rooting for; Olivia Wilde, for example, has become my top choice in recent weeks. I have never torn my hair out over casting for a film like I have with this one, folks. Zack Snyder, I hope you know what you're doing, but quite frankly, I am skeptical.

No comments: