Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spidey's suit change, "Scream 4" bombs? and "Hunger Games" casting news

Time for me to geek out loud again, and boy, do I have some news to share this week!

First of all, I hear that Marvel comics is getting rid of Spider-man's red and blue suit and replacing it with this black and red one. Not only that, the person wearing the suit won't be Peter Parker. Um, haven't they learned anything from fan reactions in the past? Changing a superhero's costume - not a good idea. Killing a beloved staple character and trying to create a new one - REALLY not a good idea. I mean, Peter Parker?!? Dead?!? Are you nutcases out of your ever-lovin' minds?!? I know the changes won't be across the board (it's a new look and character for "Ultimate Spider-Man" only), but still...

I saw "Scream 4" this weekend and LOVED it. Well, I think we can all agree that the first 15 minutes were pretty lame and weird and - dare I say it? - overkill for a "Scream" opening sequence, but the rest of the movie was pretty darned good, considering 11 years has passed since the last installment. Neve Campbell, Courtney Cox and David Arquette, you guys rule! I mean, I absolutely could not figure out the ending until the reveal of this round's Ghostface, and bam! Shocked! I can't remember the last time I couldn't figure out the ending of a movie at least halfway into it. So please tell me why this movie supposedly bombed at the box office? Come on, people, go see it! How else will we get "Scream 5"?

I was fortunate enough to attend the extras casting call for "The Hunger Games" -- er, excuse me, "Artemis" (which we all know is really "The Hunger Games") -- and while I haven't landed a role in the film just yet (I know...I know...but miracles do happen), casting for this movie is picking up steam. The Tributes are being cast as I type this, with actors already confirmed for the roles of Rue, Thresh, Marvel and Glimmer! Even better, the official Facebook page for The Hunger Games Movie has created a special application that displays the Tributes as they've been cast. Check it out. It's pretty cool! Also rumored is that Elizabeth Banks is in talks to play Effie Trinket. Awesome! And Kudos to The Hob for being on top of all of the news for this movie. Now, can we please hear a casting announcement on Haymitch, please?

No comments: