Thursday, October 25, 2007

More JLA film news, Black Canary on “Smallville” and more


More casting rumors are running rampant on the Web. Dark Horizons is reporting that British actor Rupert Evans (the FBI agent in “Hellboy”) has been offered the role of Superman in the JLA movie. I’d still prefer Brandon Routh or Tom Welling, but I suppose Evans is an OK choice. I haven’t seen him in enough roles to judge his acting, but based on his picture, he’s got passable good looks, though he’s a little pasty-looking, imo. In any case, until official word comes down, I’m filing this one strictly under RUMOR.

Also, it was just announced the Black Canary will make an appearance on “Smallville” when Oliver Queen aka the Green Arrow returns in the 11th episode. This is kinda cool since Black Canary and Green Arrow have been a couple in the comics forever, and I know their wedding (which I’m not sure if it’s actually happened yet or not) has been played up pretty big in the comics this year. The last time Black Canary was on the small screen, I believe, was in the WB’s short-lived “Birds of Prey” series when a very young Dinah (played by Rachel Skarsten) was taken in by Batwoman and the Huntress (Ashley Scott) to make up a trio of female crimefighters. It will be nice to see Oliver’s attention taken away from Lois and onto a new love interest for a change. I hated that storyline last year.

Finally, “Spider-Man 3” comes out on DVD Tuesday, and the marketing blitz has begun. You can now find Spidey in promotions for pizza, cereal, and more on TV.

No comments: