Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Superman reboot news


Last week, I read that Warner Bros. would be making an announcement about the future of its superhero projects soon. I’ve been waiting with a skeptic’s perspective (but still hoping for the best) for news about the next Superman movie. A lot of people seem to think any future Superman movie is completely dead at this point. I don’t know how to take today’s news, which may or may not be the official word many of us have been waiting for. I have definite mixed feelings about it.

Warner Bros. has supposedly hired director/screenwriter Christopher Nolan to reboot the Superman movie. Nolan resurrected Batman with the last two movies, "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight," which were great. For Batman. But Superman is not Batman. Batman is dark. Superman is not. I hope Nolan gets this.

Plus, I think this news means that Brandon Routh is out as Superman/Clark. I’m really sad about that because I loved him in the role and think he is really underrated. But I’m holding out hope he stays and is given better material next time.

We’ll see…

No comments: